In case of any problem after landing in Italy, call Prof. Erspamer, Amelia, Chris, or Corrado on their Italian cell phones.
In Milan you will be staying at the Residence Pola, Via Pola 4, tel. +39 02 607 0351. The Residence is not far from Stazione Centrale, Milan’s main train station. Amelia will lodge in the Residence, Chris and Corrado in apartments nearby.
HOW TO GET TO RESIDENCE POLA:
From Linate airport (distance from Residence Pola: 8 km)
– Take one of the shuttle buses to the Milano Centrale train station. (Tickets cost approximately €5.00 each). Follow directions below (From Milano Centrale).
– Depending on traffic, taking a taxi from Linate to Residence Pola could cost around €30. Make sure to use only official taxis.
From Malpensa airport (distance from Residence Pola: 52 km)
– Take the Malpensa Express train and get off at Milano Centrale. (You have to buy a ticket before boarding the train. The cost from Malpensa to Milano Centrale is €12.00). Follow directions below (From Milano Centrale).
– You can also take the Malpensa Shuttle bus to the Milano Centrale train station. The ticket costs €10.00 and can be purchased on the bus or on line. Follow directions below (From Milano Centrale).
– Taking a taxi from Malpensa is expensive. The flat rate from the airport to any address in Milan is €95.00 but some cab drivers would charge you more. Booking the taxi in advance at the Consorzio taxi Malpensa site would ensure that you’ll pay the fixed rate and that you won’t risk not finding a taxi: the driver would meet you in the arrivals hall. In any case make sure to use only official taxis.
From Orio al Serio airport (distance from Residence Pola: 49 km)
– Take one of the shuttle buses to the Milano Centrale train station (with the Orioshuttle the ticket costs €5.00). Follow directions below (From Milano Centrale).
– Do not take a taxi from Orio al Serio to Milan.
From Milano Centrale train station (distance from Residence Pola: half mile)
– It’s a 10-minute walk on Via Luigi Galvani (see the map below).
– Otherwise, take bus no. 60 (direction Europa-Zara) for 3 stops and get off in via Pola right in front of the residence. Bus tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus and validated by stamping it when you board the bus (you will find a machine with a slot for the ticket upon entry). A subway ticket is valid for the bus ride if you board the bus within 90 minutes after first entering the metro and validating your ticket.
If you want to take a taxi, make sure to use only official taxis.
Click here for more information about transportation in Milan.