In case of any problem after landing in Italy, call Prof. Erspamer, Amelia or Corrado on their Italian cell phones.
In Milan you will be staying at the Residence Pian della Nave, Via Lambrate 9, tel. +39 02 268 151. All rooms have been reserved from Friday, June 14th. The Residence is a mile and a half (30-minute walk) from Stazione Centrale, Milan’s main train station. Amelia will lodge in the Residence, Corrado in an apartment nearby.
HOW TO GET TO RESIDENCE PIAN DELLA NAVE:
From Linate airport (distance from Residence Pian della Nave: 8 km)
– Depending on traffic, taking a taxi from Linate to Residence Pian della Nave could cost around €30. Make sure to use only official taxis.
– Otherwise, take the shuttle buses to Milano Centrale train station (Air Bus Linate-Centrale; the ticket costs approximately €5.00) and then follow the instructions below (From Stazione Centrale).
From Malpensa airport (distance from Residence Pian della Nave: 63 km)
– Take the Malpensa Express train and get off at Milano Centrale. (You have to buy a ticket before boarding the train. The cost from Malpensa to Milano Centrale is €13.00). Then follow the instructions below (From Stazione Centrale).
– Taking a taxi from Malpensa is expensive. The flat rate from the airport to any address in Milan is €95.00 but some cab drivers would charge you more. Booking the taxi in advance at the Consorzio taxi Malpensa site would ensure that you’ll pay the fixed rate and that you won’t risk not finding a taxi: the driver would meet you in the arrivals hall. In any case make sure to use only official taxis.
From Orio al Serio airport (distance from Residence Pian della Nave: 50 km)
– Take the shuttle bus to the Milano Centrale train station (with Orioshuttle the ticket costs €7.00). Then take a taxi to the Residence. Make sure to use only official taxis. (By foot it is a 30-minute walk from Milano Centrale to the Residence).
– Do not take a taxi from Orio al Serio to Milan.
From Milano Centrale train station (distance from Residence Pian della Nave: one mile and a half).
– As you will arrive tired from a long flight, in a new city, and perhaps in a hot day, we suggest that you take a taxi. Make sure to use only official taxis. Depending on traffic, the fare should be between 10 and 15 €.
– It’s a 30-minute walk from Milano Centrale to Residence Pian della Nave. See the first map below.
– Otherwise you can take the M2 green subway line towards ABBIATEGRASSO or ASSAGO and get out at Loreto (the second stop). (You will have to buy a subway ticket; the cost is €1.50). It is then a half-mile (ten-minute) walk to the Residence. See the second map below.
WALKING FROM MILANO CENTRALE TO THE RESIDENCE: